Important things to do when installing Orchard CMS for the first time.
- Giving write permissions to the following folders(App_Data,Modules,Themes,Media) applicable for IIS/Web Hosts only and not for WebMatrix and IIS express.
- Installing Orchard with a pre-defined recipe or with a custom recipe (optional)
- Remove Home page title and text
- Configure your site settings properly
- Configure your cache settings properly
- Configure the email module with valid SMTP details (so that the reset password works when you forget your password)
- Configure Antispam modules
- Enable warmup module for performance boost(Orchard creates static versions of specified pages)
- Hide the meta published part if you want to hide the published dates for pages using placement.info file in your custom theme
- Check if the version you’re using is the latest version.
- Assigning administrator roles to the admin user
- Adding an email address for the admin user
- Enabling database and file system output cache(Optional/If required)
- Enabling Audit trail module to monitor backend activities on your website(optional)
- Remember to turn off unwanted modules
- Copy the settings.txt file and save it in a secure place (for future use/backup)
- Enabling import/export and creating a recipe of your website (for future use/backup)
New to Orchard CMS?
Orchard CMS is a free, open source, community-focused Content Management System built on the ASP.NET MVC platform.
Orchard is delivered under the .NET Foundation http://www.dotnetfoundation.org/orchard. For more info on Orchard visit the official website http://www.orchardproject.net/
and for more Orchard CMS tutorials subscribe to Orchard Beginner YouTube channel.